Cody and Jon recap their favorite board games of “Martin Con” 2018, the annual Memorial Day Weekend board game gathering hosted at Jon’s house in Minnesota.
This year’s games include but are not limited to: Avalon, Near and Far, Chaos in the Old World, Terraforming Mars, Arkham Horror, Mystic Vale, Sid Meier’s Civilization: A New Dawn, Rising Sun, Imperial Assault (with iPad), Ethnos, Eldritch Horror, and Codenames.
- The two hosts give a quick rundown of the concept of “Martin Con” before diving into multiple detailed board game reviews
- Check our past podcasts for board game reviews from Martin Con 2016 and Martin Con 2015 (we did not do a podcast following Martin Con 2017)
- After finishing their massive board game geek-out, Cody and Jon briefly discuss their Deadpool 2 outing and Jon’s motivation to run in the ridiculous hot weather over Memorial Day weekend
- To nominate an SNES Classic game for them to review on their next episode, email firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet at Cody @ProducerCody and/or Jon @eatplaygame
- Learn how to connect with us on the GonnaGeek Network, syndication on WGN Plus, our YouTube channel, and more!
- Podcast theme song intro/outro credit: ‘Unity‘ by TheFatRat with permission
- Game/Life Balance AUS official web site: http://www.gamelifebalanceaustralia.com
- Learn something new in just a few minutes every day on Cody’s daily podcast for Curiosity.com
Tags: Avalon, board game, board games, card game, card games, Fantasy Flight Games, gamer culture, Gamers, Gaming, Martin-Con, miniatures game, multiplayer, party, strategy, strategy game, strategy games, war games