Welcome to GonnaGeek.com, a website founded by owner Stephen Jondrew in 2012 as a community where geeks could get together to discuss and enjoy shared interests. Prior to creating GonnaGeek Stephen had helped develop and run a variety of projects varying from technology themed websites to podcasts dedicated to comic books. The idea of creating GonnaGeek came when Stephen had a moment of realization that since he enjoyed a mix of various geeky past-times, that likely there were probably others like him – GonnaGeek.com was born.
When Stephen originally launched GonnaGeek.com there was a majority focus on written content. Although there was a secondary podcast network (which really was more like a listing service), on May 28, 2013, the podcast network component relaunched (let’s call it version 2.0) featuring a much larger presence on GonnaGeek. The focus of the Podcast Network enhancement was to offer a place that geek podcasters could cross-promote with one and another. Version 2.0 of the GonnaGeek Podcast Network began with only 6 participants (Legends Podcast, Walking the Walking Dead, Comic Book Legends, All Things Good and Nerdy, Legendary Horror Theater and Arthouse Legends) but since has grown to now boast a proud total of 19 podcasts.
The podcast members that you see on GonnaGeek (aside from the Official GonnaGeek.com Podcast) are all independently owned and operated. As members are volunteer participants of the GonnaGeek Network and produce their content largely without GonnaGeek influence, host opinions and views (including that on the Official GonnaGeek.com Podcast) may not be that of GonnaGeek.com or other GonnaGeek members.
The Official GonnaGeek Show is the official show (and podcast) of GonnaGeek.com. The show streams live each Monday at www.geeks.live at 5:45pm Pacific / 8:45pm Eastern. Each week the hosts get together to discuss the latest happenings in the world of geekery. Whether it’s tech, sci-fi, television, movies, space or anything in between – there’s going to be a lot of geek talk.
The Official GonnaGeek.com Show launched as in 2013 as The Official GonnaGeek.com Podcast about a year after the start of the GonnaGeek.com website. While the show has evolved over the years – the motivation of the show always been the same – for a group of friends to get together and geek out.
In 2015 the GonnaGeek.com Podcast decided to expand from audio, adding a full video companion for episode 100 onward and also a live-stream each week. With the rapid increase in video and live viewership, the podcast evolved in August 2016, with Episode 158 officially taking on the name The Official GonnaGeek.com Show.
The Current Hosts of the show are:
• Chris Ferrell
• Stargate Pioneer
Subscribe/Watch The Official GonnaGeek.com Show
Here’s a list of all of our network members.
• All Things Good and Nerdy [ Details ]
• Arthouse Legends [ Details ]
• Crimson Comet [ Details ]
• Gallifrey Public Radio [ Details ]
• Gotham Nightline [ Details ]
• Legends Podcast [ Details ]
• Legends of SHIELD [ Details ]
• The Starling Tribune [ Details ]
• Tyrion’s Landing [ Details ]
• Unqualified Gamers [ Details ]
• Voices of Defiance [ Details ]
• Walking the Walking Dead [ Details ]
How to Apply for the GonnaGeek Podcast Network
So you want to join the GonnaGeek Network? First off, thank you for your interest. GonnaGeek has always been a site for geeks by geeks so we’re glad that we’ve managed to get on your geeky radar. GonnaGeek is always looking to add valuable geeky related content that is well produced and we are looking forward to seeing your application!
In order to maintain the standard of podcasting that we currently have, there is an application process set for podcasts wishing to join the network. Here’s the submission criteria.
Criteria for Submission for Consideration
• Your podcast should have a set release date and the history should reflect consistency with this (ie. monthly, weekly, bi-weekly).
• Your Podcast must have a custom DOMAIN NAME, even if the primary function is to forward to your podcast media host site.
• No illegal use of copyrighted music/material
• Oh, and of course, your podcast needs to be geeky – in some way.
If you meet the criteria above, go ahead and submit your podcast using the submission form below. Your form will be sent to our network committee for review of that and your podcast. A representative from the committee will contact you within 14 days to provide an update and any further questions.
An important house keeping note – as the GonnaGeek Network is essentially a listing service, all responsibilities (legal or otherwise) of podcast members (including their hosts and/or affiliates) continue independently of GonnaGeek. Each show remains its own entity and in turn continues to responsible (legal or otherwise) for itself. For example (but not limited to):
• Your podcast will continue to be legally responsible for itself in the same manner in which it currently is
• Any other agreements you may have involving yourself, your hosts and/or your podcast continue to be the responsibility of those involved with the applicable agreement(s)
• No compensation (monetary or otherwise) is offered for being a part of GonnaGeek
• GonnaGeek reserves the right to remove your podcast from the network at any time without notice.
• Updating our cross-promotion network-shared spreadsheet after each episode release
• Using an approved GonnaGeek Network Header/Pre-roll at the start of the show (listen to the beginning of any of our network podcasts for an example).