Starling Tribune – Season 4.5 Special Edition – Legends Of Tomorrow Legendary (A CW Network Arrow Television Show Fan Podcast)
Episode: Season 1, Episode 16 of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow – “Legendary”
Air Date: May 19th, 2016 on the CW television network, and on CTV up here in Canada
Director: Dermott Downs
20 directing credits covering a wide spectrum of geeky and super-hero goodness, including Arrow, Flash, Blindspot, Supergirl iZombie and Gotham!
Berlantiverse:3x Arrow | 4x Legends | 3x Supergirl | 4x Flash
Other Director Credits: 1x Blindspot | 1x iZombie | 2x Originals | 1x Gotham | 4x Tomorrow People and lots of others
Writers: Again, No ‘writing’ credit as the showrunners keep their hands on the tiller — This week marks another week with no formal writing credit. Instead, as we run up to the finale, the showrunners pretty much took the helm, and if you’re a fan of the show or this podcast, you’re no stranger to the names of the fine folks who got the creative credits this week
Story By: Greg Berlanti and Chris Fedak
Teleplay By: Phil Klemmer and Marc Guggenheim
Executive Story Editor: Ray Utarnachitt
Episode 15: Rating of 1.85. This was down a bit from 1.89 the preceding week!
16 May 2016
Season 1 ended April 18th
Tuesday 17 May 2016
Flash (Ep. 2.22)
Zoom’s metahuman army wreaks havoc across the city. Barry puts out several fires and takes out some of the metahumans to help the police. Back at S.T.A.R. Labs, Barry displays a level of confidence in stopping Zoom
Wednesday 18 May 2016
Arrow (Ep. 4.22)
“Lost in the Flood”
Darhk attempts to reactivate “Rubicon” with the help of Felicity’s former boyfriend, Cooper,
Thursday 19 May 2016
Legends (Ep 1.16)
Friday 20 May 2016
Season 1 ended
Links for Other Shows
Episode # Episode Title Episode Air Date Rating
1 Pilot, Part 1 21-Jan-16 3.21
2 Pilot, Part 2 28-Jan-16 2.89
3 Blood Ties 4-Feb-16 2.32
4 White Knights 7-Feb-16 2.39
5 Fail-Safe 18-Feb-16 2.25
6 Star City 2046 25-Feb-16 2.47
7 Marooned 3-Mar-16 2.28
8 Night of the Hawk 10-Mar-16 2.01
9 Left Behind 31-Mar-16 1.97
10 Progeny 7-Apr-16 1.88
11 The Magnificent Eight 12-Apr-16 1.98
12 Last Refuge 21-Apr-16 1.78
13 Leviathan 28-Apr-16 1.86
14 River of Time 5-May-16 1.63
15 Destiny 12-May-16 1.89
16 Legendary 19-May-16 1.85
Part 1: The Plot, Themes, Fights & Time Travel
- Link to the title: How did the title “Legendary” tie to the episode
- Kinda brings the episode full circle – Rip promised that they would be more than heroes, they would be legends.
- Recurring theme: What was the recurring theme of in this episode
- Theme of handing it to Savage, of embracing their roles as heroes
- Fight scenes & stunts: Share your thoughts
- Fight/stunt 1: Kendra fights with Savage
- Short fight – kills U.S. army sergeant
- Fight/stunt 2: Vandal v. Nazis then LoT arrive
- Vandal with the knives again
- Transmuted the atomic properties of the gun
- Fight/stunt 3 : big end fight
- Sarah v. Vandal
- Mick v. Vandal
- People shooting Rip onto the timeship – badass
- Hawks v. Vandal
- Triple the death – triple the fun
- “Things are different this time:
- Fight/stunt 1: Kendra fights with Savage
- Time travel: Thoughts on the tropes and mechanics
- Chronometric re-positioning. Sure. Because Plot. – Sent a message through time
- Guess that’s not Sgt. Rock
- Chronometric time wave that would return the timeline to the event of the first meteor
- Vial of blood was a bit clear for blood
- 2016 – Captain Lance scenes!!!
- 1975 – Norway: Loved the 7’s look
- Great to re-visit the early episode
- 1956 – Less great to revisit the 50’s
- 1944 – WWII European theater with Nazi’s!
- 2013 – Mick and Rory scene
- Last bit of timey wimey with the last meteor
- My name is Rex Tyler – I’m a member of the Justice Society of America… #Badass
- Chronometric re-positioning. Sure. Because Plot. – Sent a message through time
Part 2: The Characters
- Rip Hunter
- Rate on a scale of 1 (Capt. of the Titanic – Edward John Smith) to 10 (the best – Picard)
- Starts by “giving up”, returns characters 5-months later
- Dick move with the hologram when he ditches the crew
- Sitting there watching his family voice-mail of his dead family in the timestream
- Flashy-thingy – men in black :)
- Vandal Savage
- Won’t be content to whisper in the ears of powerful men.
- Time Masters
- Sarah basically says she’s a time master :)
- The Atom – Ray Palmer
- Apologizes for Snart – I want a Ray and Mick buddy movie.
- #Vawks!!! “These guys again??”
- Love shrinking the meteor
- White Canary – Sara Lance
- Damn good scene with Captain Lance. Reveal of the death of Laurel.
- Really pissed at Rip
- “Past the point of worrying about the timeline…
- Hawkgirl – Kendra Saunders
- Fight with Savage
- Hawkman – Carter Hall
- Decent fight scene at the end in the big battle
- Captain Cold – Leonard Snart
- “I don’t do touchy Feely”
- Heatwave – Mick Rory
- “ I never liked that guy”
- “You shot the guy… and wasted ammo”
- “I like Stealing Stuff – it makes me feel good”
- “What are you doing with your hand”
- “I wanted to be the one who killed him – again I mean”
- “Every time they do that, I get hungry for chicken!”
- Firestorm – Professor Martin Stein
- Trivial Pursuit with his wife – why didn’t he tell his wife.
- “I think we need a Nazi”
- “Cocky with his mad math skills.”
- Firestorm – Jefferson Jackson
- Firestorm transmute powers finally emerge
- “I forgot how much of a badass I was”
- Transmuted the meteor into water.
- I’m not ready to die – operating at 12,000
- Arrow: First look at the new Arrow crew in costume (Date: 09 Sep 2016)
* Wild Dog, Artemis and Mr. Terrific!
- Arrow: Arrow Season 5’s Theme will be Legacy, Oliver Responsible for Creating Prometheus (Date: 14 Sep 2016)
* Producers discussing the importance of legacy. There are supposed to be callbacks to season 1. Producers have hinted before that Prometheus’s grudge toward Oliver is very personal, and the Prometheus storyline will be central to the course of the season.
- Arrow: Arrow EP Teases Diggle’s Location, State of Mind when Series Returns (Date: 14 Sep 2016)
* EP Wendy Mericle has stated that Diggle is in Chechnya figuring out how to get a sense of himself back. When Diggle returns to Star City, he won’t be too happy to see Oliver have a new team; he will have to work to adjust to the new team
- Arrow: Guggenheim Tweets Episode #99 Script – Vigilante (Date: 15 Sep 2016)
* Directed by Gordon Verheul (21 cinematography credits), 2 directing credits – Andromeda and Arrow
* Title is Vigilante
*Ben Sokolowski and Emilia Ortega Aldrich
- Arrow: Big Plans for Felicity in the start of the season (Date: 11 Sep 2016)
* In an interview with ET.com, Marc Guggenheim talked about the plans
* RE: the fallout from the destruction of Havenrock. “In the first five episodes, we face head-on the decision that Felicity made. We are most definitely not ignoring it.”
* “We’re positioning her to do something in the second half of the year that is really, really key, and that isn’t about her relationship with Oliver or even necessarily her father or her mother. It’s really new territory for her, and we’ve very excited about it. Some big things are going to happen with Felicity.”
- Arrow: CW Releases Official Synopsis for Episode 1”Legacy” (Date: 15 Sep 2016)
* Nothing really new…
* NEW BEGINNINGS — After Laurel’s (Katie Cassidy) death and the departures of both Diggle (David Ramsey) and Thea (Willa Holland) from Team Arrow, Oliver (Stephen Amell) takes to the streets solo to protect Star City’s citizens as the Green Arrow. With Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) guiding him from the bunker, Oliver is forced to deal with a city that has become overrun with both criminals and a slew of new (and painfully inexperienced) vigilantes. Watching Oliver try to balance his jobs as both the mayor and also the protector of Star City, Felicity suggests he form a new team, but Oliver resists. However, when a deadly new criminal, Tobias Church (guest star Chad L. Coleman), enters the picture, Oliver realizes the best thing for the city might be a new team of superheroes. Meanwhile, the flashbacks take us to Russia where Oliver faces off against the Bratva.
DC TV NEWS
- Legends: Jonah Hex confirmed to return to Legends of Tomorrow (Date: 10 Sep 2016)
* Actor Johnathon Schaech posted a selfie with the script of Jonah Hex’s return.
Link: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/09/10/jonah-hex-confirmed-to-return-to-legends-of-tomorrow/ Video:
- Legends: We’re getting two versions of Obsidian (Date: 14 Sep 2016)
* According to TV Line, Dan Payne (Strange Empire, Watchmen) will be playing a younger version of Obsidian in season 2 of Legends of Tomorrow. The site further clarifies that when the Legends of Tomorrow team first meet the character, he’ll be played by Payne, while a future version of the character is played by Lance Henriksen (Millennium, Aliens).
* Obsidian is a DC Comics superhero who first appeared in All-Star Squadron #25 (1983). Created by Roy Thomas and Jerry Ordway, Todd James Rice is the son of original Green Lantern, Alan Scott and Golden Age super-villain Thorn. With metahumans for parents, it was only natural for Todd to be born with powers of his own. Along with his twin sister, Jennie-Lynn Hayden, Todd goes on to found Infinity Inc., a superhero team consisting of the children, grandchildren and proteges of various JSA members.
* Unlike his father, who wields light constructs, Todd’s powers are based in darkness. He has the ability to merge with his own shadow and gain enhanced strength, flight and durability. He’s also connected to a shadow realm that allows him to pass through solid objects.
- The Legion of Doom begins to assemble, in Miami Vice? (Date: 14 Sep 2016)
* Reverse Flash and Damien Dark team up in an instagram shot by Matt Letscher
* Reverse Flash shows off his ring, while Darkh holds a gun
* Very 80’s feel – suit with a t-shirt and 80’s ferarri
- Berlantiverse: Greg Berlanti interview (Date: 9 Sep 2016)
* Greg Berlanti discusses many topics from being in charge of many shows, diversity, and creating the huge crossover event. They just finished writing the fall crossover, and now he is focusing on the musical Flash/Supergirl crossover.
- Flash: Killer Frost may be coming back to the Flash! (Date: 14 Sep 2016)
* Kevin Smith began production on his second episode of “The Flash” today, teasing a title that may hint at the return of a certain icy metahuman. The title, which was strategically covered up a pen, could actually be seen through the page. Heroic Hollywood spotted the title, revealing it to be “Killer Frost.”
- Flash: Also today, CW released the official synopsis for Ep 1 (Date: 15 Sep 2016)
* Again, if you’re a fan of the show, this isn’t surprising
* WHAT WOULD YOU SACRIFICE TO HAVE EVERYTHING YOU’VE EVER WANTED? — Barry (Grant Gustin) is living his dream life – his parents are alive, he’s asked Iris West (Candice Patton) on a date and he can finally be a normal guy as Central City has another speedster, Kid Flash (Keiynan Lonsdale), running around saving the city. When Barry starts forgetting parts of his old life, the Reverse Flash (guest star Matt Letscher) taunts his nemesis and tells him that there will be serious repercussions for Barry and the ones he loves if he continues to live in this alternate universe. In addition to losing his memories, his powers will also start to fade. When disaster strikes, Barry must decide if he wants to continue to live in this world as Barry Allen or return to his universe as The Flash.
- Supergirl: Superman, Lena Luthor, and more feature in these new official Supergirl season 2 images (Date: 12 Sep 2016)
* Stills featuring Clark Kent and Kara; Supergirl and Superman working together; Superman and Martian Manhunter in a tense situation, and Kara with Cat Grant
- Supergirl: Andrew Kreisberg talks the move to Vancouver & S.02 (Date: 10 Sep 2016)
* The show would’ve started to feel very small if we continued in L.A. That was one of the reasons we made the decision to move, so that we could get scope and go out in the streets.”
“So yes, it might be a little rainy once in a while, and we might see her breath,” Kreisberg continued, “but it’s going to be worth it because the show is actually going to feel bigger.”
- Supergirl: Dichen Lachman cast at Roulette (Date: 15 Sep 2016)
* Dichen Lachman from Dollhouse, The 100, and Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will play Roulette, a supervillain who operates a metahuman fight club.
- Constantine: Constantine Blu-Ray summons release date, extras, (Date: 15 Sep 2016)
* The Constantine Blu-ray and DVD are real. The first season will be released on October 4th. Includes all 13 episodes and extras such as on-the-set video and the Q&A from 2014 SDCC.
ARROW CAST & CREW NEWS
- Manu Bennett Responds to the Deathstroke Casting(Date: 15 Sep 2016)
After Joe Manganiello was confirmed to play Deathstroke in the DC Extended Universe, it seemed like the whole world reacted to the news – except for Manu Bennett, that is. Taking to Twitter, Manu responded to a tweet with the message, “Ok if Joe is playing Deathstroke I’m gonna Magic Mike.”
Promo for In Two Weeks:
Arrow – Season 5 Episode 1 – “Legacy”
NEW BEGINNINGS — After Laurel’s (Katie Cassidy) death and the departures of both Diggle (David Ramsey) and Thea (Willa Holland) from Team Arrow, Oliver (Stephen Amell) takes to the streets solo to protect Star City’s citizens as the Green Arrow. With Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) guiding him from the bunker, Oliver is forced to deal with a city that has become overrun with both criminals and a slew of new (and painfully inexperienced) vigilantes. Watching Oliver try to balance his jobs as both the mayor and also the protector of Star City, Felicity suggests he form a new team, but Oliver resists. However, when a deadly new criminal, Tobias Church (guest star Chad L. Coleman), enters the picture, Oliver realizes the best thing for the city might be a new team of superheroes. Meanwhile, the flashbacks take us to Russia where Oliver faces off against the Bratva. James Bamford directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti and teleplay by Marc Guggenheim & Wendy Mericle (#501). Original airdate 10/5/2016.”
Episode: “Legacy” [Season 5 Episode 1]
Air Date: Thursday, October 5th, 2016
Director: James “Bam Bam” Bamford http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0051466/?ref_=ttfc_fc_dr1
Writers: Story by: Greg Berlanti
Teleplay by: Marc Guggenheim & Wendy Mericle
Join The Starling Tribune each week as we stream live on Thursday nights at 9:00 PM eastern or 8:00 PM Central at www.geeks.live. Join the fun chatroom and interact with the hosts live. Contact us: @StarlingTribune – email@example.com – www.starlingtribune.com – www.facebook.com/starlingtribune – 612-888-CAVE or 612-888-2283.
You can find us on iTunes under ”Starling Tribune.” We are very thankful for all of our positive iTunes reviews. You can find all our contact information here on the Network page of GonnaGeek.com Our complete archive is always available at www.starlingtribune.com
This podcast was recorded September 15th, 2016.
Thank you for listening and we hope you enjoyed the show!
Audio Production by Stargate Pioneer of GonnaGeek.com.