All episodes are available at https://TheNeuroNerds.com. Follow @TheNeuroNerds on Twitter/Instagram and Like us at Facebook.com/TheNeuroNerds.
With Invisible Disabilities Week coming up in October, Joe and Lauren continue their discussion about invisible illness from the previous episode. Joe did a poll in between episodes on Instagram asking those with invisible illnesses what are some of the most offensive things they have heard regarding their illnesses during and after recovery. The responses will surprise you. It’s just a reminder that we must be kind to our fellow humans because you never kow what they may be privately battling. If you have an invisible illness, what are some of your most misunderstood challenges and how do you cope with others not understanding what you’re going through? Please share on our socials.
Links Mentioned in this Episode:
- Invisible Illness Week Oct 14-20: https://invisibledisabilities.org/seminarsandevents/invisible-disabilities-week/
Check out The NeuroNerds Amazon Shop at amazon.com/shop/theneuronerds
Plus get a free Audible trial at http://www.audibletrial.com/theneuronerds! Currently, The NeuroNerds are reading our fellow stroke survivor, Kavita Basi’s book ‘Room 23.’ Join us!
– Support The NeuroNerds podcast on Patreon and join our NeuroJedi High Council at www.Patreon.com/TheNeuroNerds
– Co-hosted by Joe Borges and Lauren Manzano
– Find Joe at http://joesorocks.com and @joesorocks on Twitter/Instagram and submit your stroke/brain injury recovery story at https://www.joesorocks.com/submit-your-story
– Find Lauren at @laurenlmanzano on Instagram, @tankbbg on Twitter
– Produced by Joe Borges and Felice LaZae, http://felicelazae.com, @felicelazae on Twitter/Instagram
– Edited by Cory Jennings
– Sponsored by Avid Technology and our Patreon Supporters