Show notes for Episode 79
All episodes available at https://TheNeuroNerds.com. Follow @TheNeuroNerds on Twitter/Instagram and Like us at Facebook.com/TheNeuroNerds.
Continuing our Back To School series, in this episode our host Joe is interviewing Andrea Valero Edoria (or Dre as Joe calls her). Dre suffered an aneurysm and stroke at 3.5 years old and now as an adult, she talks with Joe about how she coped as a child with the disabilities she gained from her stroke as well as navigating school and interpersonal relationships as a child brain injury survivor. Plus how Dre turned her disabilities into her superpower by helping other adolescent brain injury survivors through her public speaking and nonprofit work. Dre is a real-life superhero! If you’re an adolescent brain injury survivor, what are some challenges you’ve faced and how do you overcome them? Please share with us on our socials!
Links to Topics Mentioned
- Follow Dre at https://instagram.com/ballinalldre
- Bethany Noelle’s Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/boosquaredentertainment
- K-pop -https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K-pop
- Thomas Mejia episodes – https://theneuronerds.com/episodes/avm-survivor-thomas-mejia-part-1, https://theneuronerds.com/episodes/avm-survivor-thomas-mejia-part-2
- LA County Commission on Disabilities – http://laccod.lacounty.gov/
**Check out The NeuroNerds Amazon Picks at amazon.com/shop/theneuronerds
Plus get a free Audible trial at http://www.audibletrial.com/theneuronerds!**. Currently, The NeuroNerds are reading our fellow stroke survivor, Mimi Hayes’ book ‘I’ll Be Ok It’s Just A Hole In My Head.’ Join us!
Support The NeuroNerds podcast on Patreon and join our NeuroJedi High Council at www.Patreon.com/TheNeuroNerds
Co-hosted by Joe Borges and Lauren Manzano
- Find Joe at http://joesorocks.com and @joesorocks on Twitter/Instagram and submit your stroke/brain injury recovery story at https://www.joesorocks.com/submit-your-story
- Find Lauren at @laurenlmanzano on Instagram, @tankbbg on Twitter
Produced by Joe Borges and Felice LaZae
Edited by Felice LaZae, http://felicelazae.com, @felicelazae on Twitter/Instagram
Theme song produced by Sleep Deez, @sleepvision on Instagram, @sleepdeez on Twitter
Sponsored by Avid Technology and our Patreon Supporters