All episodes are available at https://TheNeuroNerds.com. Follow @TheNeuroNerds on Twitter/Instagram and Like us at Facebook.com/TheNeuroNerds.
Joe and Lauren are tired – after having Covid in the last couple of months on top of the other stresses of life not to mention living with brain injuries, they’re both pretty exhausted. So this episode is about the importance of sleep and rest and their correlation to mental health. They talk about the disruption of the circadian rhythm and its effect on mental health plus holistic remedies for various mental health ailments including sleep, hydration, exercise, therapy, and more. What are some ways you take care of your mental health? Please share on our socials!
- Sleep deprivation and impact on mental health – https://www.columbiapsychiatry.org/news/how-sleep-deprivation-affects-your-mental-health
- What is Circadian Rhythm? – https://www.sleepfoundation.org/circadian-rhythm
- If you’re a brain injury survivor who would like help embracing your new normal and get more support through recovery, go to www.YouSoRock.coach
- Support The NeuroNerds podcast on Patreon and join our NeuroJedi High Council at www.Patreon.com/TheNeuroNerds
- Check out The NeuroNerds Amazon Shop at amazon.com/shop/theneuronerds
- Plus get a free Audible trial at http://www.audibletrial.com/theneuronerds!
- Co-hosted by Joe Borges and Lauren Manzano
- Find Joe at http://joesorocks.com and @joesorocks on Twitter/Instagram
- Submit your stroke/brain injury recovery story at https://www.joesorocks.com/submit-your-story
- Find Lauren at @laurenlmanzano on Instagram, @tankbbg on Twitter
- Produced by Joe Borges and Felice LaZae, http://felicelazae.com, @felicelazae on Twitter/Instagram
- Edited by Marcellus Wesley
- Sponsored by Motus Nova, Avid Technology, and our Patreon Supporters