The Legends Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Lauren, Consultant Chris and Producer of the show Director SP discuss the Marvel screen related news of the week and some audience feedback. The Team debriefs you on how Consultant Chris is able to get a letter of recommendation from an Avenger, how Bill Murray could just party right on to any active filming set, how good Albert Einstein was at math, Disney’s inclusion stance in parts of the world, how film review bombing is a failed tactic, why Chris does not care about the PlayStation 5 Marvel games, all the Disney+ Day Trailer hype, which Legends of SHIELD host would give Kate Bishop a run for her money, how a great cast might not be able to save Morbius, and a spoiler free mini review of the 2021 film Dune. Stay tuned after the credits for a few minutes of Legends Of S.H.I.E.L.D. bonus audio.
THIS TIME ON LEGENDS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.:
- Weekly Marvel News
- Preparing ourselves by watching a Disney+ Day Trailer
- Discussing yet another Hawkeye 30 second trailer with a new character
- Fueling up on some pre Ant-Man and Eternals stories
- Your Feedback
- Your input on where you will be watching Eternals
WEEKLY MARVEL SCREEN RELATED NEWS [3:48]
TOP NEWS STORY OF THE WEEK
- Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings is scheduled to premiere on September 3rd, 2021.
- Eternals is scheduled to premiere on November 5th, 2021.
- Disney+ Day on November 12th, 2021 including streaming premiere for Shang-Chi
- Hawkeye is scheduled to premiere on November 24th, 2021. There will be 6 episodes … I think.
- Spider-Man: No Way Home is scheduled to premiere on December 17th, 2021.
- Ms Marvel is supposed to premiere late in 2021 on Disney+ but no date has been announced.
- Moon Knight is supposed to premiere late in 2022 on Disney+ but no date has been announced.
- She-Hulk is supposed to premiere late in 2022 on Disney+ but no date has been announced.
- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (Mar 25th 2022?)
- Secret Invasion is in development for release on Disney+ but no date has been announced.
- Ironheart is in development for release on Disney+ but no date has been announced.
- Thor: Love and Thunder (May 6th, 2022)
- Armor Wars is in development for release on Disney+ but no date has been announced.
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (July 8th, 2022)
- Echo is in development for release on Disney+ but no date has been announced.
- An untitled Wakanda series is in development for release on Disney+ but no date has been announced.
- The Marvels (November 11th, 2022)
- Also, we know there will be a Loki season two at some point.
- Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (February 17th, 2023)
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (May 5th, 2023)
- Fantastic Four (???)
- I Am Groot is in development for release on Disney+ but no date has been announced. I’ve heard this will be a holiday special.
- Untitled (February 16th, 2024)
- Untitled (May 3rd, 2024)
- Untitled (July 26th, 2024)
- Untitled (November 8th, 2024)
- List of MCU films in production without premiere dates
- Fantastic Four
- Deadpool 3
- Avengers-Level Team up to end the phase (not confirmed in development)
- Could be linked to Russo Brothers story from last week
- Captain America Sequel
- Possible X-Men
- Projects that have NOT been announced yet
- Young Avengers
MCU – MARVEL STUDIOS
[3:48] Bill Murray on Ant-Man Rumors, The French Dispatch & Barging in on David Letterman’s Doc Appointment
While promoting his upcoming movie The French Dispatch on Jimmy Kimmel Live!, Murray “answered” some of Kimmel’s questions about his involvement in Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania. After Kimmel detailed Murray’s prior comments on joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the host asked plainly “Are you in the Ant-Man movie?” Murray dodged the subject by mentioning all the people that ARE confirmed for the movie, but that he isn’t at liberty to talk about himself.
On Kimmel, Murray poked fun at his past press experiences by only answering Jimmy’s questions after speaking through a pair of his own translators. The convoluted conversation left Jimmy laughing throughout its entirely. When he finally answered Kimmel’s question about a possible MCU appearance, Murray said “I am not at liberty to talk about it,” before turning to his translators and saying “But we can talk about it when we eat dinner.”
Another new addition to the cast of Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania is Jonathan Majors, who will be playing Kang the Conqueror. Majors originally appeared in the Disney+ series Loki playing a variant of Kang that created the TVA, “He Who Remains.” However, that version of Kang suffered an untimely end, raising questions about what Majors’ appearance in Quantumania will entail.
[7:21] Marvel Reveals Ant-Man’s Official MCU Timeline
Marvel Studios has shared an official graphic chronicling Ant-Man’s journey through the Marvel Cinematic Universe thus far.
On Instagram, the official Marvel UK account posted a timeline recounting all of Scott Lang/Ant-Man’s MCU appearances in chronological order. What makes this timeline … is that it also charts Scott’s size throughout each film.
The timeline uses Scott’s normal size as a baseline, with the line on the graph dipping every time he used the Ant-Man suit to shrink and, eventually, climbing significantly when he used the suit to grow and become Giant-Man — a feat he first accomplished in Civil War. The line reaches its absolute lowest points whenever Scott visits the Quantum Realm, which he did in Ant-Man, Ant-Man and the Wasp and multiple times in Endgame. Meanwhile, it reaches an all-time high during his biggest foray as Giant-Man to date, which took place during Endgame’s climactic final battle.
Inside Einstein’s Mind
The BBC version of “Inside Einstein’s Mind” is the YouTube link. The PBS voiceover version is better but the BBC version is free on YouTube.
The comment about Einstein’s math abilities is at 23:02 and 29:00.
His breakthrough is at 32:05 which was, ironically based on math equations, and is not e = mc^2 although that is the common vernacular.
[13:05] ‘Eternals’ Pulled From Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Kuwait in Apparent Ban
The all-star superhero film, which was due for release across the Gulf region on Nov. 11, is understood to have been met with a series of edit requests by the local censors, edits that THR has heard Disney was not willing to make.
The news emerged on Thursday, with Eternals having quietly been removed from websites in each of those countries. In the United Arab Emirates, however, the film is still listed as among the titles coming soon.
Sources suggest the decision was likely made over the inclusion of a same-sex couple in the film and the MCU’s first gay superhero. In one scene, the character, Phastos (played by Brian Tyree Henry), and his on-screen husband, Ben (Haaz Sleiman), share a passionate kiss.
Homosexuality is still officially illegal across the Gulf, and films containing anything related to LGBTQ issues are frequently pulled from release. Last year, the Pixar title Onward was banned across Kuwait, Oman, Qatar and Saudi Arabia over a single line referencing a lesbian relationship
[16:11] Eternals Review Bomb Proves Marvel is On the Right Track
Review bombing is the practice of a subgroup of people providing a huge number of negative reviews to a movie before it has been released in an attempt to make producers think that public opinion is against them.
Of the over 400 1-star reviews, many of them reference the fact that the movie includes LGBTQ+ representation and an on-screen gay kiss. Kumail Nanjiani, who plays Kingo in Eternals, tweeted in response to the Eternals review bomb to say, “Looks like we’re upsetting the right people.”
Chloe Zhao has said that she is hopeful that Marvel Studios will not allow the movie to be censored for overseas audiences. By including Phastos as a gay superhero and weathering the Eternals review bomb by standing behind the film, Disney and Marvel are putting their money where their mouth is on their repeated claims to want to introduce more diverse characters.
That Avengers game everyone loves to hate on will be getting Spidey on 30 Nov.
[24:49] Celebrating Two Years | Disney+ Day | Disney+
Trailer to Disney+ Day
[26:37] NEW HAWKEYE TRAILER: Friends Partners | Marvel Studios’ Hawkeye | Disney+ (30 sec)
Marvel Studios released a new promo for Hawkeye on Disney+ that offers up a new look at Kate Bishop’s mom, one of the series’ potential villains.
In the source material, Eleonor Bishop is Kate’s long-lost mother. It was thought that she died when Kate was a child, only for it to later be revealed in Kelly Thompson and Leonardo Romero’s Hawkeye run that she had survived and begun financing criminal activities. Eleonor’s activities ended up bringing her into the crosshairs of Kate, as the younger Hawkeye was pursuing her longtime foe, Madame Masque, who was under Eleanor’s employ. With rumors swirling that Madame Masque will be featured in Hawkeye, Farmiga’s heel turn may have been hidden in plain sight.
MCU – Non-Marvel Studios
Morbius trailer has come out. It looks bad. Hopefully it’s just bad early CGI. It will never be better than the Morbius arc of the animated series.
We would love to hear back from you! Call the voicemail line at 1-844-THE-BUS1 or 844-843-2871.
Join Legends Of S.H.I.E.L.D. next time as the hosts discuss an all Marvel news podcast. You can listen in live when we record Thursday Evenings at 8:00 PM Eastern time at Geeks.live. Contact Info: Please see http://www.legendsofshield.com for all of our contact information or call our voicemail line at 1-844-THE-BUS1 or 844-843-2871
Legends Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Is a Proud Member Of The GonnaGeek Network (gonnageek.com).
This podcast was recorded on Thursday November 4th, 2021.
Standby for your S.H.I.E.L.D. debriefing —
Audio and Video Production by Stargate Pioneer of GonnaGeek.com.