The Legends Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Producer of the show Director SP, Consultant Chris and Consultant Rob discuss the Disney+ What If…? season one episode “What If Doctor Strange Lost His Heart instead Of His Hands?” The Team debriefs you on to be prepared to brace yourself when you watch the episode, that this was Consultant Rob’s first What If…? Episode, a full Voice Acting rundown, an incomplete list of Time Loop TV episodes, the fact that IT is magic, the shocker that the Watcher interacted with a character for the first time, ask ourselves what the what if moment is in the episode, if the What If…? episodes are related, the fact that Wong needs to be highlighted more, ask ourselves who exactly O’Bengh was, which superpower we would absorb, the Battle Of The Capes, and Benedict Cumberbatch acting against himself. Stay tuned after the credits for a few minutes of Legends Of S.H.I.E.L.D. bonus audio.
THIS TIME ON LEGENDS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.:
- What If The Doctor Strange Lost His Heart Instead of His Hands?
- From the Disney+ Marvel series What If (S1E4)
- Weekly Marvel News
- Marvel notes on Ed Asner’s passing
- Kevin Feige’s Avenger’s Team thoughts
- Upcoming Marvel Disney+ series teases
- Your Feedback
WHAT IF…? “WHAT DOCTOR STRANGE LOST HIS HEART INSTEAD OF HIS HANDS?” [5:53 ]
S1E4 “What If Doctor Strange Lost His Heart Instead Of His Hands?”
- “What If Doctor Strange Lost His Heart Instead Of His Hands?” premiered on Disney+ on Wednesday September 1st, 2021.
Directed By: Bryan Andrews
3 directing credits starting 1999
3x Men In Black: The Series
5x Jackie Chan Adventures
1x What If
Also a Storyboard Artist with 41 credit
And a Writer with 9 total credits
Head Writer: A.C. Bradley (Creator and Showrunner)
5 writing credits starting 2005
28x Trollhunters: Tales of Arcadia
38x 3Below: Tales of Arcadia
9x What IF…?
Writer/Story Editor: Mathew Chauncy
2 Writer Credits starting in 2018
16x 3Below: Tales Of Arcadia
9x What If…? (Including writing credit for this episode)
Showrunner: A.C. Bradley
- Jeffrey Wright … The Watcher (voice) 9 episodes
- The Hunger Games
- Casino Royale
- Quantum Of Solace
- Benedict Cumberbatch … Doctor Stephen Strange
- War Horse
- The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
- The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
- The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
- Star Trek Into Darkness
- Zoolander 2
- Rachel McAdams … Christine Palmer
- Mean Girls
- The Notebook
- Wedding Crashers
- The Time Traveler’s Wife
- Sherlock Holmes
- Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
- Benedict Wong … Wong
- Kick-Ass 2
- The Martian
- The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance
- Gemini Man
- Lady and the Tramp (2019)
- Raya and the Last Dragon
- Tilda Swinton … Ancient One
- Vanilla Sky
- The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
- The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
- The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
- Ike Amadi … O’Bengh
- Voltron: Legendary Defender
- Trollhunters: Tales of Arcadia
- 3Below: Tales of Arcadia
- Mortal Kombat
- Mass Effect 3
- Leslie Bibb … Christine Everhart
- Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby
- Law Abiding Citizen
TOP NEWS STORY OF THE WEEK
Ed Asner Dies: Fans Memorialize Voice of J. Jonah Jameson on Spider-Man the Animated Series
Sunday, news quickly spread of Ed Asner’s passing. The beloved comedian and actor had a lengthy career spread across the better part of seven decades, after earning his first film credits alongside Elvis Presley in Kid Galahad. At the time of his passing, Asner was 91.
With such a lengthy career, Asner was known across multiple generations. The actor first come to prominence with his role as Lou Grant on The Mary Tyler Moore Show and a subsequent spinoff. In addition to his live-action roles, Asner also had an illustrious voice-over career, which included appearances in many beloved shows and flims, including Spider-Man, Captain Planet, Gargoyles, Freakazoid, and Batman: The Animated Series.
His role as J. Jonah Jameson in Spider-Man (1994) is one fans of the actor can’t help but bringing up, with many suggesting his voice is what they hear in their head when reading any of Marvel’s Spider-Man comics, still to this day.
Ed Asner was a beloved and award winning actor including a prolific 398 acting credits split between voice and live acting works spanning eight decades. He even voiced J Jonah Jameson and Ben Parker along with several DC characters. You are missed Ed. May you Rest In Peace
- Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings is scheduled to premiere on September 3rd, 2021.
- Eternals is scheduled to premiere on November 5th, 2021.
- Hawkeye is scheduled to premiere on November 24th, 2021. There will be 6 episodes … I think.
- Ms Marvel is supposed to premiere late in 2021 on Disney+ but no date has been announced.
- Spider-Man: No Way Home is scheduled to premiere on December 17th, 2021.
- Moon Knight is supposed to premiere late in 2022 on Disney+ but no date has been announced.
- She-Hulk is supposed to premiere late in 2022 on Disney+ but no date has been announced.
- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (Mar 25th 2022?)
- Secret Invasion is in development for release on Disney+ but no date has been announced.
- Ironheart is in development for release on Disney+ but no date has been announced.
- Thor: Love and Thunder (May 6th, 2022)
- Armor Wars is in development for release on Disney+ but no date has been announced.
- I Am Groot is in development for release on Disney+ but no date has been announced. I’ve heard this will be a holiday special.
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (July 8th, 2022)
- Echo is in development for release on Disney+ but no date has been announced.
- An untitled Wakanda series is in development for release on Disney+ but no date has been announced.
- The Marvels (November 11th, 2022)
- Also, we know there will be a Loki season two at some point.
- Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (February 17th, 2023)
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (May 5th, 2023)
- Fantastic Four (???)
MCU – MARVEL STUDIOS
Kevin Feige Talks ‘Shang-Chi,’ Avengers and Marvel Phase 4 Goodness
00:00 – Intro
00:27 – How Long Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings Has Been Part of Marvel’s Plan
01:52 – What’s Up With All The New Marvel Characters Who Are REALLY Old?
02:58 – The Big Avengers Questions Kevin Feige Says The Upcoming Marvel Movies Will Address
03:51 – The Lesson Kevin Feige Learned On Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man Movies That Helps Marvel Make Movies Today
05:24 – Marvel’s Approach To Sequels Is Changing, And Kevin Feige Says Captain America Is A Great Example Of Why
Is there a current Avengers Team? – Shang Chi will start to address it
MCU – Non-Marvel Studios
Daredevil’s Charlie Cox Addresses Spider-Man Trailer Forearms Theory
At one point in the No Way Home trailer, Parker is being interrogated by a detective while handcuffed to a desk in a police station. A second man, whose face is not shown but is wearing a white shirt with rolled-up sleeves and a dark necktie, drops a stack of files on the desk in front of Parker. “I can assure you, those are not my forearms,” Cox told ComicBook.com.
MCU – Non-MARVEL STUDIOS
What If…? Star Jeffrey Wright Teases a More Involved Watcher
The latest episode of What If…? sees The Watcher finally talk to one of the characters on the show, as Doctor Strange Supreme detects the being’s presence and calls out to him for help. For Wright, the episode was a powerful one and may tease an upcoming breaking point for the multiversal observer.
“In this instance, it speaks to Strange’s mystical powers too, that he perceives him there. So there’s two sides to that, but also yes, The Watcher is compelled by the danger that Strange is conjuring, obviously not only for himself but for his whole reality,” Wright said “For The Watcher, there’s only so much he can only watch. He’s not a voyeur for voyeurism’s sake, he is in some ways made up of these characters. Without them, what does he watch? [Laughs] He’s profoundly compelled by them, and maybe there’s only so much he can take. We’ll see.”
Moon Knight: Mark Ruffalo Plays Coy About Theorized Hulk Appearance
Despite a recent fan theory that the Hulk will make a guest appearance on Disney+’s upcoming Moon Knight series, veteran Bruce Banner actor Mark Ruffalo is remaining tight-lipped about whether or not he’ll show up in it.
On his Twitter account, Ruffalo gave a self-deprecating response to an article discussing said appearance from the Jade Giant on the show, throwing shade at his own tendency to spoil major Marvel Cinematic Universe events. “As the person who’s responsible for this next phase of the MCU, I would hate to spoil something,” Ruffalo tweeted. “I have learned the hard way.”
Marvel’s Hawkeye TV series on Disney+ will explore the MCU at Christmas.
According to Hawkeye executive producer Trin Tranh, the series is “grounded and funny, packed to the brim with Christmas spirit.”
Tranh’s remarks come from the latest issue of TV Guide, in which she sheds a little light on both the setting and flavor of the next MCU live action show. While we’ve already glimpsed the MCU at Christmastime in Iron Man 3, this will be the first holiday season we spend there after the events of Avengers: Endgame. In other words, it will be the first time we see how the citizens of the MCU are enjoying the holidays after they’ve been reunited with many relatives who had been “snapped” away by Thanos at the climax of Avengers: Infinity War.
Breaking Down Fury’s Big Week with ‘What If…?’ Head Writer A.C. Bradley – Exclusive Interview
Dr. Gnome to you
and 6 others
I heard you like gifs.
What superpower would make podcasting – specifically Legends Of S.H.I.E.L.D.- better?
What has been your favorite Disney+ series so far?
We would love to hear back from you! Call the voicemail line at 1-844-THE-BUS1 or 844-843-2871.
Join Legends Of S.H.I.E.L.D. next time as the hosts discuss the fifth episode of What If…? You can listen in live when we record Thursday Evenings at 8:00 PM Eastern time at Geeks.live. Contact Info: Please see http://www.legendsofshield.com for all of our contact information or call our voicemail line at 1-844-THE-BUS1 or 844-843-2871
Legends Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Is a Proud Member Of The GonnaGeek Network (gonnageek.com).
This podcast was recorded on Thursday September 1st, 2021.
Standby for your S.H.I.E.L.D. debriefing —
Audio and Video Production by Stargate Pioneer of GonnaGeek.com.