The Legends Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Director SP, Agent Haley, and Agent Michelle discuss the ABC television series Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. episode “Know Your Onions.” The Agents debrief you on all the punny 30’s slang and great dialogue by Craig Titley, advocate for more Yo-Yo story time, exploring the special prohibition era rum the prop department made for the episode (La Respueta), Deke’s Zima obsession finally ends up as his nickname and possible future patent, what might be going on with Agent Melinda May, what these new Time Windows we learned about in class meant, Freddy Malick’s possible future role in the show, Koenig taking the first bullet to protect S.H.I.E.L.D., how TV medicine has devolved in Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D., the EPIC Enoch-May fight in Zephyr One, who the No-Name guy might be, The nice Untouchables gun throwing moment and why you SHOULD NOT DO THAT, And who might be left behind in a future episode. Stay tuned after the credits for over 5 minutes of post credit scenes and outtakes for you to enjoy!
THIS TIME ON LEGENDS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.:
- Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. “Know Your Onions”
- Weekly Marvel News
- Listener Feedback
AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. ”KNOW YOUR ONIONS” [4:11]
- Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D “Know Your Onions” broadcast on ABC on May 27th, 2020.
Clark Gregg Phil Coulson
Ming-Na Wen Melinda May
Chloe Bennet Daisy ‘Skye’ Johnson / Quake
Elizabeth Henstridge Jemma Simmons
Henry Simmons Alphonso ‘Mack’ Mackenzie
Natalia Cordova-Buckley Elena ‘Yo-Yo’ Rodriguez
Jeff Ward Deke Shaw
Joel Stoffer Enoch
Tobias Jelinek Captain Terrence Luke / Luke
Darren Barnet Freddy Malick
Nora Zehetner Freddy’s Contact
Patton Oswalt Ernest Hazard Koenig
Christopher Wallinger Copper
Eric Schloesser Spectre 1
Kevin Alexander Stea Spectre 2 (as Kevin Stea)
Rest Of Season Cast:
Iain De Caestecker Leo Fitz
Greg Finley Tillman
Luke Baines Chronicom
Joseph Culp Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Karl Kwiatkowski Patrolman Fischer
Amos Glick Waiter
Mary Eileen O’Donnell Stern Woman (uncredited)
Directed By: Eric Laneuville
96 Directing credits starting 1986
20x St. Elsewhere
10x Midnight Caller
1x Quantum Leap
6x Doogie Howser, M.D.
1x Gilmore Girls
3x Everybody Hates Chris
1x Prison Break
15x Ghost Whisperer
10x The Mentalist
1x Legends of Tomorrow
3x Black Lightning
3x Agents of Shield
Written By: Craig Titley
10 Writing credits starting 2001
1x Stars Wars: The Clone Wars
2x The Cape
13x Agents of Shield
The Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Showrunners are husband and wife: Maurissa and Jed Whedon
TOP NEWS STORY OF THE WEEK
StephenJondrew in Discord:
Someone make a count down please.
Marvel Studios to Regain Daredevil TV Rights in Late 2020 – IGN
The clock is ticking on Daredevil’s return to the MCU, with Marvel poised to regain the rights to the character before the end of the year.
I finally watched it last night. A few random thoughts:
1) So AoS is now Prime-era Legends of Tomorrow? That’s fine with me.
2) I have only rewatched a couple episodes of AoS. I understood several of the references to past events that they dropped, but it was a stretch for me to remember them. I felt like I fell victim to the odd schedule of the last few years.
3) For me, it missed the mark. It was close, but not where I’d have liked to have seen it. The plot was predictable in several places and just felt a bit thin for the season opener of the finale season. Did it make me want to watch more? Yes. But it also felt a little “because of plot” a few times. Two examples of this include Coulson basically having no real care at all about being an LMD / being in the game after about 2 seconds, and also Yo-Yo’s forced-resistance to the arms for again, about 2 seconds. Additionally, the fact they weren’t targeting Roosevelt was called by the fact that their theory of who was the target was determined in again, about 2 seconds. I was pretty sure the bait and switch was going to happen. But like I said, it just felt a little thin for me, I’m not hating on it. There were some great qualities too. For example, with that last part the reason behind the switch was really cool, and the result of who they then have to save (it’s a great throwback to the franchise). I really enjoyed most Simmons scenes, and think this version of her character is probably my favorite, and I think they’ve got the dynamic of the crew back to the one we loved in the earlier days.
SHIELD 702 feedback!!!
Another great episode! Loved all of the internal and teammate conflict, classic change-time vs allow-terrible-events-to-happen tropes, and character study. And I’m still curious if they’re going with loops or not. The stinger definitely suggests that the Koenigs were only interested in robotics because their Grandpa met our team and Enoch, or maybe this would have just made them get even more into robotics in a separate timeline. Regardless, there are a LOT of ripples being made. Enoch could just sit and wait to meet back up with the team whenever they travel to next, but being the bartender at a future SHIELD speakeasy sounds like he has the opportunity to change a whole lot. And I’m wondering if Malick would still have shot Koenig if Deke hadn’t just insisted he was a killer. It was surprisingly fascinating to delve into a character only briefly referenced in one past episode.
I’m curious what they’re doing with May. Surely Izel isn’t inside of her, right? I can’t imagine they want to keep that storyline going, but it’s the only thing that makes any sense right now. Hopefully it’s something better than that.
Very excited to see when we’re heading to next! I don’t watch the “next time on” so I’ll be in the dark until next week. Hope you guys are safe and healthy wherever you’re at.
Until next time true believers. Excelsior!
Haley, Lauren, Michelle and Stargate Pioneer love to hear back from you about how you would rate the episode we just discussed, your top 5 Marvel character lists, your science of Marvel questions, who would you pick in an all-female Avenger team, or which Marvel male you would like to see shirtless. Call the voicemail line at 1-844-THE-BUS1 or 844-843-2871.
Join Legends Of S.H.I.E.L.D. next time as the hosts discuss the Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 7 episode “Know Your Onions.” You can listen in live when we record Thursday Evenings at 9:00 PM Eastern time at Geeks.live (Also streamed live on Spreaker.com). Contact Info: Please see http://www.legendsofshield.com for all of our contact information or call our voicemail line at 1-844-THE-BUS1 or 844-843-2871
Legends Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Is a Proud Member Of The GonnaGeek Network (gonnageek.com).
This podcast was recorded on Thursday June 4th, 2020.
Standby for your S.H.I.E.L.D. debriefing —
Audio and Video Production by Stargate Pioneer of GonnaGeek.com.