All episodes are available at https://TheNeuroNerds.com. Follow @TheNeuroNerds on Twitter/Instagram and Like us at Facebook.com/TheNeuroNerds.
It was World Mental Health Day and Mental Health Awareness Week last week so Joe and Lauren are talking all about mental and how it’s portrayed in the new Joker movie as well as other characters and stories in nerd fandom like Tony Stark, Harry Potter, Winnie The Pooh and more. What are some fictional characters with mental health struggles that you can relate to? Let us know in the comments on our socials.
Links to Topics Mentioned
- Joker movie (2019 – https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7286456/
- The Killing Joke – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_The_Killing_Joke
- Iron Man – https://www.marvel.com/characters/iron-man-tony-stark
- Harry Potter – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Potter
- Mimi Hayes – http://instagram.com/mimihayesbrain
Check out The NeuroNerds Amazon Picks at amazon.com/shop/theneuronerds
Plus get a free Audible trial at http://www.audibletrial.com/theneuronerds!. Currently, The NeuroNerds are reading our fellow stroke survivor, Mimi Hayes’ book ‘I’ll Be Ok It’s Just A Hole In My Head.’ Join us!
– Support The NeuroNerds podcast on Patreon and join our NeuroJedi High Council at www.Patreon.com/TheNeuroNerds
– Co-hosted by Joe Borges and Lauren Manzano
– Find Joe at http://joesorocks.com and @joesorocks on Twitter/Instagram and submit your stroke/brain injury recovery story at https://www.joesorocks.com/submit-your-story
– Find Lauren at @laurenlmanzano on Instagram, @tankbbg on Twitter
– Produced by Joe Borges and Felice LaZae
– Edited by Felice LaZae, http://felicelazae.com, @felicelazae on Twitter/Instagram
– Theme song produced by Sleep Deez, @sleepvision on Instagram, @sleepdeez on Twitter
– Sponsored by Avid Technology and our Patreon Supporters